If you are a new follower effectually hither Volume-Worm Wednesday is my "weekly" craft book review. Go here to check out the books that have already been reviewed, and the "rules". As always, experience costless to offer suggestions of books you'd similar to come across in the hereafter. Savour!

**************************************

The volume for this week is…

Fashion DIY

xxx means to craft your own style

past

Carrie Blaydes & Nicole Smith

Yep, It's another volume on embellishing. Remember this review about 3 different embellishment books? Well, this one somehow managed to exclude itself from that post, and I'grand glad it did, because so far this is my favorite! Information technology covers many of the aforementioned processes from the other books, but for some reason I felt like at that place was Then much more than information.

Embroidery Applique
Trimming Beading
Felting Silhouette Alterations
Deconstruction/Reconstruction Tech Savy Techniques (fe-on, shrinky dink)
Color Methods (dying, bleaching) Surface Manipulation (fiber compose, stamping)

All the techniques above are covered, and so there are iii unlike project options for each technique. I was really impressed by the beading section which had really helpful diagrams showing iv ways for attaching beads. The deconstruction/reconstruction part was also wonderful, and I found myself wanting to make plenty of the projects throughout this volume.

A few of my favorites were…

The Lily Pad Skirt

Awesome use of doilies!

The Studio Top

I'm non usually a fan of sequins, only I LOVE this!

The Secret Garden Brim

Hide stitched flowers in box pleats. Genius!

The Primal Park Pants

Suspender Gauchos. nuf said.

And

The Starry Night Tunic

Fiber etched eyelet. I've never seen this before, and information technology'southward amazing!

Aside from the beautiful projects, this book likewise has a very comprehensive "Sewing Nuts" section at the beginning and a "Getting Started" folio to go along with each technique. And, if you have any apprehension every bit to whether or non y'all'll be able to handle a project, they are each labeled with an Easy, Chastened or Involved to assistance you make up one's mind.

Since this is the best embellishment book I accept found so far, I'm giving it ☆☆☆stars (out of 3). (And I've even sent a few back to the library without bothering to review them!) The directions are thorough, the projects are cute, and even beginners will exist able to understand what's going on. This would exist a neat book for anyone interested in refashioning their own clothes. (I'thousand looking at all yous thrifters out at that place! lol)

Happy Reading!

post signature